Thursday 10 February 2011

Meryl Streep as Margaret Thatcher


Words cannot describe how excited I am about this project, which will see Meryl Streep play British Prime Minister, Margaret Thatcher.

Miss Streep, seen above in the role, began filming in the UK in January 31st and attended Prime Minister's Question Time at the Palace of Westminster as part of her research. Of her new role, she said, "The prospect of exploring the swathe cut through history by this remarkable woman is a daunting and exciting challenge. I am trying to approach the role with as much zeal, fervour and attention to detail as the real Lady Thatcher possesses - I can only hope my stamina will begin to approach her own."

Jim Broadbent, Richard E. Grant and Anthony Head will be co-starring in The Iron Lady.

1 comment:

  1. I am very excited about this too. Meryl Streep is, in my opinion, one of the best living actresses, and I'm guessing that this role will give her yet another oscar nomination. We shall see...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails